- Deadline Jul 18, 2018
- Posted May 17, 2018
The Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program brings accomplished mid-career professionals with demonstrated leadership potential to the United States for a year of graduate-level non-degree academic coursework and professional development activities. This ten-month program consists of academic coursework and internship in a relevant professional organization. By providing future leaders and policy makers with experience in U.S society, culture, and professional fields, the program provides a basis for lasting, productive ties between Americans and their professional counterparts overseas. Approximately 18 campuses have been selected through a competitive process to host fellows in group with thematic and subject affinities. Each university is chosen based on institutional resources and the level of support and guidance it offers for academic and administrative support. Faculty advisers also assist Fellows in pursuing balanced academic and professional programs. All participants must return to Pakistan immediately following completion of their program.
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience with increasing responsibility
- Master’s degree
- Guarantee of re-employment upon return to Pakistan
- Committed to public service (in the public or private sector)
- University teachers/researchers with no management experience.
- Those who attended graduate school in the United States in the past 7 years, or who had long-term U.S. experience in the past 5 years.
- Individuals with a U.S. citizen/resident spouse, fiancé(e), child, or parent.
Tips to Apply:
If you choose to apply for this program, keep these important tips in mind.
- Deadlines and eligibility criteria are not flexible.
- In your essays and other application materials, be yourself! The U.S. Embassy is looking for diverse groups of participants from a wide range of backgrounds.
- Definitely, don’t plagiarize. The Embassy and its partners look out for plagiarism and automatically disqualify anyone who is caught copying essays.
Benefits on successful completion:
- Participants are eligible to join the Pakistan-U.S. Alumni Network (PUAN).
- 13 chapters across Pakistan, with more than 25,000 alumni eligible to participate.
- Funding for small projects, networking and mentorship opportunities, conferences and more!