- Deadline Apr 30, 2017
- Posted Mar 06, 2017
What are Australia Awards?
Australia Awards are prestigious international Scholarships and Fellowships funded by the Australian Government. They offer the next generation of global leaders an opportunity to undertake study, research and professional development in Australia and for high-achieving Australians to do the same overseas.
Last Date : April 30, 2017
What are Australia Awards Scholarships?
Australia Awards Scholarships are long term development awards administered by the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade.
They aim to contribute to the long term development needs of Australia's partner countries in line with bilateral and regional agreements. They provide opportunities for people from developing countries, particularly those countries located in the Indo-Pacific region, to undertake full time undergraduate or postgraduate study at participating Australian universities and Technical and Further Education institutions.
The study and research opportunities provided by Australia Awards Scholarships develop skills and knowledge of individuals to drive change and contribute to the development outcomes of their own country.
A list of participating institutions for Intake 2018 is available here.
What benefits are provided as part of Australia Awards Scholarships?
The Awards are offered for the minimum period necessary for the individual to complete the academic program specified by the Australian higher education institution, including any preparatory training. The following benefits generally apply:
- Full tuition fees
- Return air travel - payment of a single return, economy class airfare to and from Australia, via the most direct route
- Establishment allowance-a once only payment of A$5,000 as a contribution towards accommodation expenses, text books, study materials
- Contribution to Living Expenses (CLE) - is a fortnightly contribution to basic living expenses paid at a rate determined by the department
- Introductory Academic Program (IAP) - a compulsory 4-6 week program prior to the commencement of formal academic studies covering information on life and study in Australia
- Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) for the duration of the award (for award holder only) - provided to cover the student's basic medical costs
- Supplementary Academic Support may be available to ensure a Scholar's academic success or enhance their academic experience
You are eligible if you:
- are a minimum of 18 years of age at the time of commencing the Scholarship;
- are a Pakistani citizen and are currently residing in Pakistan for at least 24 months;
- satisfy all requirements of the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) for an Australian Student Visa sub-class 500;
- satisfy the admission requirements of the institution at which the Award is to be undertaken (this may mean that award will be withdrawn if the recipient cannot satisfy the institution's admission requirements).
You are NOT eligible if you are:
- married, engaged to, or are a de facto of a person who holds, or is eligible to hold, Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency, at any part of the application, selection or mobilisation phases;
- current serving military personnel;
- holding permanent residency in Australia or are applying for a visa to live in Australia permanently;
- applying for a course of study in Australia for which you have already achieved the same qualification that is deemed equivalent to the Australian qualification;
- applying for another long term Australia Award without having resided outside of Australia for twice the length of the total time that you were in Australia (for example, a previous awardee who has been on an Australia Awards Scholarship in Australia for four years will not be eligible to apply for another Australia Awards Scholarship until they have been home for eight years).
Detailed information on the Eligibility Criteria can be found in the Scholarships Policy Handbook.
For More Details Visit:
- Award Web
- Application, Assessment Process and Required Documents
Signup on Rahnumai for more alerts.